Do you need more sleep?
There are many reasons why you may not be getting enough sleep. Often my patients are left questioning: Is it my mattress? Is it anxiety or something else?
These are all great questions and here’s the thing, perfecting your sleep routine can be a more effective strategy than taking medication to get to sleep. Having a regular waking & sleeping schedule is a key part of setting your self up to sleep.
So I’ve got a number of important things to share with you below. You must remember that our biology is sensitive to daily light and dark and if you follow the same routine every day your sleep will improve over time. Want more information? please feel free to come in and see me so we can talk about your pain and what you can do to manage it so you can sleep.
Yours in health - Paragon Therapy Team
MORNING SLEEP ROUTINE: LET THE SUNSHINE IN
- Wake up and open the curtains
- Get dressed and if you can go outside for a walk
- Limit your coffee consumption
- Aim for 30 min of exercise per day
- Avoid napping during the day
- Quit eating 3 hours before bed
- Limit wine, coffee and other stimulants late in the day
NIGHTLY ROUTINE: DARK DARK DARK
- Turn off all electronics by 10pm
- Turn down the heat
- Turn off all of the lights
- Turn your clock light off
- Cover the windows
- Meditate of 10 minutes before bed
- Put ear plugs in to limit noise
- Limit your sleeping to 7-8 hours
- If you get up in the night keep the lights off and room dark